School Ethos, Vision and Aims
School Ethos, Vision & Aims
The ethos at Mersey Vale Primary School is based on inclusion and an atmosphere of mutual support and understanding. Our school community strives to create a warm, caring environment for all children and all those who learn, visit or work here. The partnership with parents / carers, good communication, acknowledging positive behaviours and encouraging children to negotiate and co-operate with each other, all contribute to fostering positive and trusting relationships within the whole school community.
Children learn to value, understand, respect and celebrate diversity and to work and play together harmoniously. Children are actively encouraged to be involved in the learning process and take responsibility for their own learning.
Our aims are;
- To create a happy, safe, inclusive and nurturing environment where the curriculum is creative, inspirational and relevant to the children’s present needs and future aspirations.
- To develop a love of learning, inspired by high quality teaching, by building upon and developing all of our individual talents.
- To ensure that our children enjoy a stimulating and diverse education where learning experiences are rich and enjoyable.
- To encourage and support children to feel valued and achieve their very best by reaching for the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
- To develop attitudes, knowledge, skills and practical abilities to enable children to take contribute to the community and wider society and become valued members of a rapidly changing world.
- To challenge children to develop lively and enquiring minds which question, think independently and argue rationally.
- To develop skills of application, perseverance, cooperation, self-confidence and self-motivation.
Our Whole School Values
Throughout 2021-2023, we developed our Whole School Values in partnership with pupils, staff, governors and parents/carers. As a whole community we explicitly teach and model these values through our curriculum, teaching children what these values look like, sound like and feel like. We talk about key people from the past and present who demonstrate these values through our weekly Values Assembly. This really brings our Values to life and illustrates the positive impact in the wider world.