LATEST COVID NEWS
The school is providing support to the Track and Trace system until noon on 24/12/2020 and should one of your children receive confirmation of a positive Covid-19 test result, you should ring 07391 122897 and leave a message to provide details of your child’s name and class and the date of the positive result. Please do not call the School office or send an email as these will not be monitored over the holiday. Depending upon the timing of the result, a positive test could mean that other families within the class bubble will have to isolate so it is vital that up until noon on 24/12/2020 parents/carers contact school with the requested information. This request should be followed in addition to any guidance provided by the NHS Track and Trace team.
We would like to say a big thank you to everyone who is helping to keep our school community safe in these unprecedented times. However, we are aware that a small minority of individuals are not adhering to the rules on self-isolation. In particular this relates to occasions when class bubbles have been informed to isolate or when children are isolating due to possible contact with someone with symptoms of Covid-19 or a positive case of Covid-19 within their own family/ support bubble.
The rules on self-isolation can be confusing but the main points to remember are:
- If your child is sent home to isolate due to a class bubble closing because of a confirmed positive case of Covid-19 within the class bubble, your child must isolate for the requested amount of time specified by school (this will depend on the last known time of contact with the confirmed case). Everyone else in the household does not have to isolate but your child must remain at home and isolate. Unfortunately, this does mean if you have other children still attending school, you must make provision for them to be dropped off by someone else within your family/support bubble or arrange for someone else within your family/support bubble to look after your self-isolating child while you do the school run. We realise this is very difficult but it is a legal requirement and can result in a penalty notice if not adhered to. Under no circumstances must the self-isolating child accompany you on the school run.
- If there is a positive case of Covid-19 within your own household, everyone within the household/support bubble should stay at home for 10 days. The 10-day period starts from the day the person in your house developed symptoms or, if they did not have symptoms, from the day their test was taken.
If your child does not have symptoms of COVID-19, they do not need a test and providing a negative result will not change the isolation period.
- If a member of your household/ support bubble has symptoms of Covid-19, everyone within the household/support bubble should isolate and stay at home for 10 days. The 10-day period starts from the day the person in your household/support bubble developed symptoms and can only be ended early if they test negative.
WHAT NOT TO DO WHILE SELF ISOLATING
• do not go to work, school or public places – work from home if you can
• do not go on public transport or use taxis
• do not go out to get food and medicine – order it online or by phone, or ask someone to bring it to your home
• do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family – except for people providing essential care
• do not go out to exercise – exercise at home or in your garden, if you have one