Reception 2020 - 2021
WELCOME TO RECEPTION 2020/21!
Welcome to the Reception Class at Mersey Vale Primary School!
This fantastic page will allow us to share our
- class news
- pictures of things we have done
- examples of work we are proud of
- class display work
- homework information
- weekly spellings/key words
- class and school events…………………………………………………..and lots more!
Mrs S. Edwards – Reception Class Teacher (Monday – Thursday)
Mrs C. Whiteley – Reception Class Teacher (Friday)
Mrs E. Harrison – Teaching Assistant (Monday – Friday)
Miss J. Hoey – Teaching Assistant (Monday - Friday)
Mrs M. Aziz - Teaching Assistant (Wednesday - Friday)
Miss S. Jilani - Teaching Assistant (Wednesday)
Mrs T. Daniels – Teaching Assistant (Friday)
Mrs S. Naeem – Bilingual Teaching Assistant (Tuesday)
Home Learning online
Hello Reception children, parents and carers, we hope you had a lovely break and wish you a Happy New Year!
Sadly we have received the announcement that school will be closed for most children until February half term. We were very much looking forward to seeing you, having our lovely chats and learning lots of new and exciting things in class, so this is not what any of us wanted to hear.
Parents and carers, please don't worry about any of this. We have some lovely things planned for on-line learning over the next few weeks until we can meet again. We will be doing his together so you won't be on your own! We will be available on Class Dojo for any questions or queries so please don't hesitate to contact us.
School is due to start back tomorrow. The plan is to begin everyday with a video for the children on the Class Dojo classpage where everyone can access it. We will be posting work every morning with a message for the children for suggestions of what they can do for the day, covering lots of different areas of learning. There won't be live lessons and it won't be timetabled out. The reason for this is that we are aware a lot of parents will be juggling this with their own working from home. We know some parents will be able to complete all the activities and some will do bits and pieces as and when they can throughout the day depending on their own work commitments. All we ask if you are struggling to complete the activities, is that you just keep in contact with us so we know you're all ok.
We will be posting a mixture of videos, links to websites, worksheets and suggested activities covering lots of areas of the Early Years curriculum. Some will be posted on the main classpage (here) for us all to see and some will be in the portfolio section where we can send it to certain children to continue to target specific learning.
This is new for all of us and is a different way of teaching and learning but we are all here to work through it together so please don't worry! Be safe, take care and we will be in touch.
Mrs Edwards and the Reception class team.
**Useful links : please see home learning activities - extra ideas document attached.**
Here are some starting back to school activities and information which can also be completed at home:
Here is the NHS handwashing song for you to learn:
Reception Information 2020-2021
- In writing please keep remembering capital letters are only for beginning of names and sentences and not in the middle of words.
- In phonics we will be continuing our Read Write Inc. scheme. Please keep practising at home from your plastic folders.
- Please bring book bags in daily. These are needed for any letters and pictures your child does in class. Your childs reading folder with their reading record book in needs to be in it everyday as well.
- Homework is sent out on a Thursday and needs to be completed and brought in by the following Thursday. It is encouraged that your child completes this themselves with an adult to support. More information on this will be sent out nearer the time.
- Library book day is Thursday. Please ensure you bring your library book back every Monday so we can put it to one side to give it chance to self-clean before children choose another one on Thursdays.
- PE is every Tuesday. Children are to come dressed in their PE kits for the full day on a Tuesday. This should be a white/blue tshirt, dark joggers, a blue jumper/zipper and trainers.
Jolly phonics song, to remember phase 2 and 3 letter sounds.
We use this game in school to read and recognise key (CVC) words, and match it to the picture shown. Have a go at home!
The children use this splat square to count and recognise numbers. Have a go at home!
These are just some of the maths games we play in class. The children know how to count the actions, objects or sounds. Some of the harder games are adding or subtracting numbers. Have a go at home!
Files to Download
Reception: News items
There are no News items to display
Reception: Display work items
EYFS - Learning Outdoors, by Mersey Vale Primary School
EYFS Reception - Provision for learning and development, by Mersey Vale Primary School
Reception: Events items
There are no Events items to display