Reception 2020 - 2021
WELCOME TO RECEPTION 2020/21!
Welcome to the Reception Class at Mersey Vale Primary School!
This fantastic page will allow us to share our
- class news
- pictures of things we have done
- examples of work we are proud of
- class display work
- homework information
- weekly spellings/key words
- class and school events…………………………………………………..and lots more!
Mrs S. Edwards – Reception Class Teacher (Monday – Thursday)
Mrs C. Whiteley – Reception Class Teacher (Friday)
Mrs E. Harrison – Teaching Assistant (Monday – Friday)
Miss J. Hoey – Teaching Assistant (Monday - Friday)
Mrs M. Aziz - Teaching Assistant (Wednesday - Friday)
Miss S. Jilani - Teaching Assistant (Wednesday)
Mrs T. Daniels – Teaching Assistant (Friday)
Mrs S. Naeem – Bilingual Teaching Assistant (Tuesday)
This half terms topic is - Ourselves
Between now and October half term we will be focusing on our topic of “Ourselves”. We will be introducing ourselves; looking at our friends, families and homes, our favourite things and toys, as well as our bodies. Our priority will be settling into our new school and new class and learning new rules and routines. We will be looking at our daily routines, ordering and sequencing the activities we do every day.
In literacy we will be working on and extending all the skills we learnt in nursery; name writing, handwriting, reading and writing simple sentences. We will be starting our Read Write Inc Scheme in phonics; learning the letter names and the sounds each letter makes – there will be a literacy workshop later in the term to explain this. Reading books and phonics work will be handed out in the future.
In maths we will be starting with recognising and forming numbers 1-10, and beyond for some children. We will be ordering numbers 1-10 and counting objects to match a certain number.
In our creative work we will be making our “shape family”; using shapes, patterns, printing with wax crayons and paints. We will also be studying the Funnybones book; making our hand and feet prints and measuring them.
We hope you enjoy the next half term and thank you for your continuing support!
Mrs Edwards and the Reception team.
Here are some starting back to school activities and information which can also be completed at home:
Here is the NHS handwashing song for you to learn:
Reception Information 2019-2020
- In writing please keep remembering capital letters are only for beginning of names and sentences and not in the middle of words.
- In phonics we will be continuing our Read Write Inc. scheme. Please keep practising at home from your plastic folders.
- Please bring book bags in daily. These are needed for any letters and pictures your child does in class as well as eventually reading and / or library books.
- Homework is sent out on a Wednesday and needs to be completed and brought in by the following Wednesday. It is encouraged that your child completes this themselves with an adult to support. More information on this will be sent out nearer the time.
- Library book day is Thursday. Please ensure you bring your library book back every Thursday to swap for a new one.
- PE is every Tuesday. Childre are to come dressed in their PE kits for the full day on a Tuesday. This should be a white/blue tshirt, dark joggers, a blue jumper/zipper and trainers.
Jolly phonics song, to remember phase 2 and 3 letter sounds.
We use this game in school to read and recognise key (CVC) words, and match it to the picture shown. Have a go at home!
The children use this splat square to count and recognise numbers. Have a go at home!
These are just some of the maths games we play in class. The children know how to count the actions, objects or sounds. Some of the harder games are adding or subtracting numbers. Have a go at home!
Files to Download
Reception: News items
There are no News items to display
Reception: Display work items
EYFS - Learning Outdoors, by Mersey Vale Primary School
EYFS Reception - Provision for learning and development, by Mersey Vale Primary School
Reception: Events items
There are no Events items to display