Reception 2021 - 2022
WELCOME TO RECEPTION 2021/22!
Welcome to the Reception Class at Mersey Vale Primary School!
Mrs S. Edwards – Class Teacher (Monday – Thursday)
Ms J. Ranson – Class Teacher (Friday)
Mrs C. McDonagh - Class Teacher (Tuesday pm)
We are supported by an amazing team of teaching assistants - Miss Hoey, Mrs Martin, Miss Jilani, Ms Lansdale and Mrs Harrison.
This fantastic page will allow us to share our...
- class news
- pictures of things we have done
- examples of work we are proud of
- class display work
- homework information
- weekly spellings/key words
- class and school events…………………………………………………..and lots more!
Welcome to Reception class at Mersey Vale Primary School and welcome to the first half of our Spring term 2022!
Between now and February half term we will be taking part in a whole school theme week - What do we value? We will be exploring and discussing our new school values of being kind, responsible, inclusive, resilient, collaborative life-long learners. We will be particularly looking at acts of kindness and what we can be doing to show indness to our family and friends. Our theme for the rest of the half term is Traditional Tales, where we will be looking at the stories of The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child. Through literacy we will be sequencing main events in stories, completing story maps to retell stories and using props and role play to reenact stories. We will be continuing to work hard to form our letters correctly and start to form sentences using our phonics knowledge. We will continue our phonics sessions every morning; learning to say and write new sounds as well as read and write new words containing these sounds. Please keep reading regularly at home to support your childs phonics learning.
In maths we will be continuing to deepen our understanding of numbers 1-20, practising our number formation and counting. We will also be focusing on shape, space and measures; looking at 2D and 3D shapes, measurements of size, length and weight and recognising and repeating patterns.
In PE we will be having our weekly sessions with our PE coach, this half term we will be looking at developing our sports skills in the hall.
We will be getting creative towards the end of the half term by looking at the celebration of Chinese New Year through stories, song, dance and art.
We hope you enjoy the next half term and thank you for your continued support!
Mrs Edwards and the Reception team.
Here are some starting back to school activities and information which can also be completed at home:
Here is the NHS handwashing song for you to learn:
Reception Information 2021-2022
- Please bring book bags in daily. These are needed for any letters and pictures your child does in class.
- Please bring labelled waterbottles in daily, there is no need to bring in a snack as school provides this each morning and afternoon.
- Children have a weekly reading book which they are to read to you. Please bring this in every Thursday to be changed.
- Homework is sent out on Classdojo every Thursday and needs to be completed and loaded on through the portfolio section on Classdojo by the following Thursday.
- Children have a weekly library book which is to be read to them. Please bring this in every Thursday to be swapped.
- PE is every Thursday. Your child will come to school dressed in their PE kits for the whole day.
- In writing please keep remembering capital letters are only for beginning of names and sentences and not in the middle of words. We follow the letter formation rhymes from Read Write Inc.
- In phonics we will be using our Read Write Inc. scheme and the children will take part in daily phonics sessions. This includes learning a new sound, handwriting, reading and guided reading.
Jolly phonics song, to remember phase 2 and 3 letter sounds.
We use this game in school to read and recognise key (CVC) words, and match it to the picture shown. Have a go at home!
The children use this splat square to count and recognise numbers. Have a go at home!
Files to Download
Reception: News items
There are no News items to display
Reception: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Reception: Events items
There are no Events items to display