WELCOME TO RECEPTION 2019/20!
Welcome to the Reception Class at Mersey Vale Primary School!
This fantastic page will allow us to share our
- class news
- pictures of things we have done
- examples of work we are proud of
- class display work
- homework information
- weekly spellings/key words
- class and school events…………………………………………………..and lots more!
Mrs S. Edwards – Reception Class Teacher (Monday – Thursday)
Mrs C. Whiteley – Reception Class Teacher (Friday)
Mrs E. Harrison – Teaching Assistant (Monday – Friday)
Miss J. Hoey – Teaching Assistant
Mrs T. Daniels – Teaching Assistant
Mrs S. Naeem – Bilingual Teaching Assistant (Tuesday)
Home Learning During Closure
Please find the Reception home learning grid for week beginning Monday 27th April below. This has ideas for phonics, reading and maths lessons, with a suggested schedule and links to the lessons. Please note these are only suggestions and other activities, ideas and resources can be found on the many links or worksheets below.
Regular updates are also shared via our Class Dojo Story, where you can also message if you require any support.
Take care of each other and we will see you all soon!
Mrs Edwards and the Reception class team 😊
In addition to the above, please find below some fantastic activities for you to try to complete at home –
This is a lovely story explaining to young children why we need to stay at home at the moment. Written by Samantha Harris, “Why we stay at home”. – Why we stay at home story by Samantha Harris
The Mindful Monsters have created a new activity pack with lots of fun and exciting activities and ideas to do at home, just click the link – Mindful-Monsters-new-activities-digital-pack
What are the best maths picture books? Martin Williams Early Years Consultant has recommended these…
tf-n-1183-dinosaur-themed-maths-home-learning-activity-booklet_ver_5 – practice your maths skills with this dinosaur themed booklet.
t-l-527053-cvc-word-activity-booklet-_ver_12 – put your phonics skills to the test with this word activity booklet, to develop your reading, writing and phonics.
Please find below some amazing websites containing activities to have a go at at home:
– www.login.mathletics.com (details in home learning pack)
– www.primarygames.co.uk/pg2/splat /splatsq100.html (splat square)
– www.nessy.com (hairy letters)
– www.twinkl.co.uk (see login details below for free access)
– www.discoveryeducation.co.uk – username, student6833 and password, coding
– www.sophiesstories.co.uk (read the stay at home superhero story!)
– www.kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk (filter on Reception page)
– If you love art and want to have a go at making friendship bracelets, decorating plant pots or doing swirly bowls, follow this link – https://link.i.tate.org.uk/u/gm.php?prm=1yMKRAkgES_767090190_1849358_43025
**Please have a go at completing the activities in your home learning pack. At the front is also your login to Class Dojo, please make sure you have downloaded the app and logged in with your unique password. It is lovely to share your news, see your photos and hear what you’ve been up to. Have you been baking, cycling, gardening, dancing, scooting? I look forward to hearing from you on there!**
Take care and keep safe, Mrs Edwards 🙂
Reception Information 2019-2020
- In writing please keep remembering capital letters are only for beginning of names and sentences and not in the middle of words.
- In phonics we will be continuing our Read Write Inc. scheme. Please keep practising at home from your plastic folders.
- Please bring book bags in daily. These are needed for any letters and pictures your child does in class as well as eventually reading and / or library books.
- Homework is sent out on a Wednesday and needs to be completed and brought in by the following Wednesday. It is encouraged that your child completes this themselves with an adult to support. More information on this will be sent out nearer the time.
- Library book day is Thursday. Please ensure you bring your library book back every Thursday to swap for a new one.
- PE is every Tuesday. Please make sure your child has a full kit with clothes suitable for outdoors. All items must be labelled. It is expected that all PE kits will be brought into school on a Monday and taken home on a Friday to be washed. More information on this will be sent out nearer the time.
- Phonics Workshop-Advice for parents.
Includes: Important information for parents and carers of children in EYFS and getting your child ready for school.
Guidance re: your child’s learning and development in the early years foundation stage
EYFS Overview EYFS-Yearly-Overview 2019 2020
Jolly phonics song, to remember phase 2 and 3 letter sounds.
We use this game in school to read and recognise key (CVC) words, and match it to the picture shown. Have a go at home!
The children use this splat square to count and recognise numbers. Have a go at home!
These are just some of the maths games we play in class. The children know how to count the actions, objects or sounds. Some of the harder games are adding or subtracting numbers. Have a go at home!
Please find many useful weblinks for home learning here: useful web links for home school learning