Welcome to Reception 2016/17!
Welcome to the Reception Class at Mersey Vale Primary School!
This fantastic page will allow us to share our
- class news
- pictures of things we have done
- examples of work we are proud of
- class display work
- homework information
- weekly spellings/key words
- class and school events…………………………………………………..and lots more!
Reception no longer have access to the Blog but you can still view activities we have previously been a part of. Here is our web address so please have a look: http://receptionmerseyvale.blogspot.co.uk/ and you can also find this on the above page.
Mrs Edwards – Teacher
Miss Lansdale – Teaching Assistant
Mrs Shahid – Teaching Assistant
Photographs of Anderton Boat Lift Trip –
Photographs of Chris’ visit and talk about being an Air Steward –
Sports week photos –
This term we have been focusing on the topic linking to growing. We will be exploring mini beasts, learning about life cycles and growing plants in school.
- Please practise our key words for reading and writing regularly. These can be found in our homework folder if you require extra copies.
- Home work will be sent out on a Wednesday. We encourage your child to bring in their homework folders daily.
- Our words of the week for this week are: like, he, come, want, all, are, play and said. We are focusing on these words during phonics activities too. The children have really enjoyed this fun song to support the learning of some of our tricky words.
Homework – This week we have been trying lots of new sports during sports week. We have been looking at time, and challenging ourselves to do activities within one minute. We have also been looking at different sports and saying which is our favourite and which we think we are good at. For homework this week we’d like you to complete the patterns sheet and the phonics sheet. Have fun!
Links – please click to open
New Reception Parents PowerPoint – New parents meeting June 2017
Important information for parents and carers of children in EYFS
Guidance re: your child’s learning and development in the early years foundation stage
Early Years Curriculum Overview
Jolly phonics song, to remember phase 2 and 3 letter sounds.
We use this game in school to read and recognise key (CVC) words, and match it to the picture shown. Have a go at home!
The children use this splat square to count and recognise numbers. Have a go at home!
These are just some of the maths games we play in class. The children know how to count the actions, objects or sounds. Some of the harder games are adding or subtracting numbers. Have a go at home!