School Contact Details
Mersey Vale Primary School
Tel/ Fax: 0161 442 7535
Headteacher: Mrs J Mullane
Headteacher Email: email@example.com
Visitors to school premises
As an inclusive, community-focused primary school, we welcome all appropriate visitors to school premises but please note the following when visiting our school:
- For the safety of our children and parents/carers, the car park at school is for staff and authorised visitors only. Parents must not use the car park unless specifically authorised to do so. We encourage parents to walk with their children to school wherever possible. When driving to school is unavoidable, please set a good example by driving and parking with consideration for others, and of course prevailing laws.
- Authorised visitors are welcome to use the car park when there is space available. Otherwise, please park sensibly on the roads outside of school.
- Should you require a parking space close to the school entrance or assistance with access whilst on site, please contact the school office prior to your visit and we will ensure that a suitable parking space is reserved for you. Our site is on one level and with the addition of available equipment is completely accessible to all visitors.
- All visitors (other than parents/carers bringing children to and collecting children from school) should report to the school office to ensure safeguarding requirements are complied with.
- We do not welcome ‘cold calling’ from commercial salespeople no matter what the relevance to school requirements. A preferred method of contact is an email to firstname.lastname@example.org although please note that we only respond to approaches that are of interest.
- Dogs (other than trained support dogs) are not allowed on school premises. Please also avoid leaving dogs tied to railings etc. as this can be stressful for the animals and passers by.
We strive to:
- Create and maintain a safe learning environment for our children
- Identify where there are child welfare concerns and take action to address them, in partnership with other organisations where appropriate
- Develop our children’s understanding of how to keep themselves safe
Admissions at Mersey Vale
It is vital to make your application for Nursery, Reception Class and Secondary school in good time. Please note the application deadlines stated below:
|Admission||Birth dates between||Online application closing date||Offer date|
|Nursery – January 2017 start||1/9/2013 – 31/12/2013||31/10/2016||Late November 2016|
|Nursery – April 2017 start||1/9/2013 – 31/3/2014||15/2/2017||Late February 2016|
|Nursery – September 2017 start||1/9/2013 – 31/8/2014||31/3/2017||17/5/2017|
|Reception Class – September 2017 start||1/9/2012 – 31/8/2013||15/1/2017||18/4/2017|
|Secondary School – September 2017 start||1/9/2005 – 31/8/2006||31/10/2016||1/3/2017|
All applications for the main intakes referred to above must be made online and by the set deadlines.
Please see the links below which exlain the process and provide access to the online application system. If we can assist in any way please feel free to contact the school office on 0161 442 7535.
We can provide general advice only as places are allocated centrally and not by the school. At Mersey Vale we have a policy that restricts class sizes to 30 children.
Parents should be aware that :
1) A place in the Mersey Vale Primary School Nursery does not guarantee a place in the Reception Class at our school.
2) A place in Mersey Vale Primary School’s Year 6 Class does not guarantee a place at your preferred secondary / high school (including Priestnall High School).
In both of the above scenarios, parents are required to apply through the Admissions system before the relevant deadlines. All places are allocated by the Local Authority not the school.
Key Links and Documentation
- Attainment 2015-16
- Most recent Ofsted report
- Inspection Dashboard 2016 – summarises the annual reassessment of the school by Ofsted. This is done remotely without the need for a formal inspection as a result of our two most recent inspections returning an Outstanding result, combined with our continuing success with academic results for our children.
- Term dates and INSET days 2016-2017
- Term dates and INSET days 2017-2018
- Stockport MBC School Term Dates
- School Performance Tables
- Pupil Premium Strategy Sept 2016
- Pupil Premium Strategy Interim Review Feb 17
- SPORTS PROVISION AT MVPS PRIMARY SCHOOL 2015 – 16
- SEND Information – in accordance with Code of Practice 2014
- School Offer – Support for Learners – in accordance with Code of Practice 2014
- Accessibility Plan in accordance with paragraph 3 of schedule 10 to the Equality Act 2010
- Provision & Access Map
- Privacy Notice 2016
Curriculum Maps, Phonics and Reading Schemes
To access details of the curriculum for your child/children follow the links below to your child’s year group. Further information can be obtained through an appointment with our Curriculum Leader, Ms. Varetto.
- Early Years Foundation Stage (Nursery & Reception)
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
- Key Stage 1 Phonics in school follows the processes recommended through “Letters & Sounds” and is supplemented by other resources and activities, e.g. “Phonics Play” and “Jolly Phonics”.
- Reading schemes follow Stockport Book Bands (a variety of books, of similar ability level, colour-coded to indicate level). We also have a selection of books to support de-coding and reading phonetically. Parents may find the following links useful in supporting their child.
- Reading Leaflet Key Stage 1
- Reading Leaflet Key Stage 2
- Key words